Founded in June 2008 and manufactured by Zimplistic Pte Ltd, Rotimatic is the brainchild of Pranoti Nagarkar and Rishi Israni. With almost 25% of the world’s population eating flatbreads, this robot is a one-of- its-kind invention in the kitchen appliances segment that eases the flatbread making process. Health and convenience being top priorities, the Rotimatic is designed to simplify and change the way people cook by completely automating the entire process allowing users to spend less time in the kitchen without compromising on health. The use of AI and IOT makes Rotimatic the first ever device to use advanced robotics in the segment.
Food Technologist Intern x 2
About the Role:
You would be an integral part of the R&D team, a cross-functional role with great exposure to Food Science & Technology.
As a Food Technologist intern you would be involved in conducting experiments and producing sample products, as well as designing the processes for making products with a consistent flavour, colour and texture. You will work closely with the Food Technology team to deliver product ready recipes and characterization studies based on the developments in the Food Science & Technology expertise.
- Explore the application of existing products and processes.
- New product and application/recipe development.
- Compiling/checking product specifications.
- Designing and conducting experiments and as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Developing the ability to repeat processes to ensure consistency and safety.
- Working with engineering/production to develop solutions to production issues whilst maintaining food quality.
- Perform troubleshooting and resolve quality issues with the QA team.
- Establish product specifications and documentation
- Study methods to improve quality of foods, such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods.
- Diploma / Bachelors Degree / Masters Degree in Food Science and Technology
- Preferably relevant research/work experience in flour/dough and bakery products.
- Knowledge of engineering/production to develop solutions for food processing.
- Understanding of product (inc. formulation) and process development for bakery products.
- Technical problem solving skills to drive new ideas and strategies on new product development.
Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills and good team-work abilities. Should have a meticulous attention to detail, especially with regard to food processing and technology.
Data Analyst Intern
About the role:
This is a diverse role requiring interest and skills in crunching numbers. We have huge amount of data generated from research, product testing, factory testing and field information. We need someone to analyze and correlate these data in a systematic manner
Role and Responsibilities:
- Data analysis and mining to track product performance trend and identify any potential issue.
- Template/Macro development and reporting automation to improve productivity.
- Weekly Data report card published with highlights and lowlights with lot of number crunching and correlating information.
Skills & Qualification:
- Bachelors/Masters degree major in Statistic
- Aptitude for Data analysis and Statistical Analysis
- Process oriented and detailed thinking
- Passion for turning data into insights and helping others unlock the power of their data
- Proficiency and solid foundation in statistics
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including Pivot Tables and VLookup) and Microsoft Powerpoint or similar tools
- Proficiency at web analytics tools including Google Analytics
- Proficiency at SQL Query development, MySQL, MSSQL
Mechanical Engineer Intern
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have a love for technology, excellent analysis skills, advanced mechanical engineering experience and a good understanding of complicated appliances.
- Research design options and perform experiments to determine potential design feasibility or application.
- Construct prototypes; evaluate and document their performance; identify possible improvements
- Specify, design and evaluate mechanical and electromechanical portions of systems and components.
- Assist in the creation and release of Product Requirements, Design Specifications, and Design Descriptions for assigned designs, applicable standards and procedures.
- Provide technical support for Production ramp-up as and when required.
Experience & Qualifications:
Bachelors /Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity in early-phase investigative projects
- Should be very well versed with 2D and 3D CAD modeling software.
- Working understanding of sensors and electronics
- Should have good knowledge of – Mechanical part design and production limitations for: injection moulded plastic, die cast metal, rubber and sheet metal stamping.
Quality Engineer Intern
About the Role:
Zimplistic is looking for a Quality Engineer Intern for our Singapore office. You will be part of the quality team and responsible for handling the quality assurance and testing activities for our flagship product Rotimatic.
Your primary role would be to design, conduct/implement and report the tests based on product requirements.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Perform product & component levels design experiments, reliability & qualification tests.
- Create new test methodologies for concept proofing and design qualifications.
- Document and maintain all test reports & records.
- Analyze, report, and escalate design quality issues to Engineering and Manufacturing teams for resolutions.
- Participate and contribute in product design reviews (FMEA, DFA, etc.).
- Sc in Mechatronics/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Equip with Reliability Engineering knowledge.
- Experience in performing Design Reviews (FMEA, DFA, etc.) and Failure Analysis.